For the first time, Farmers for Climate Action is offering a career-defining Climate Smart Farming Scholarship to 20 leading farmers across Australia.
The scholarship will provide you with an opportunity to learn from internationally-recognised climate experts, including Nobel Prize winners, who will equip you with the tools needed to deal with a changing climate in your business, become a climate leader in your industry and be able to discuss impacts, adaptation and mitigation with your peers. It will provide you with the most up-to-date information available in Australia around building on-farm resilience to climate impacts. It will also give you the skills needed to have a positive impact on the future of your industry.
The scholarship will cover:
- Carbon accounting on farm, delivered by the University of Melbourne
- GHG emissions and sequestration on farm
- Carbon neutral agriculture
- Soil carbon benefits, limitations and options
- Opportunities to ask questions of globally recognised experts
- Accounting for Nature workshop
- Gain an understanding of a scientifically-rigorous methodology for measuring environmental conditions
- Get a foot up in the growing ecosystem services market
- Agriculture and climate change course delivered by the Australian National University
- Access to world leading professors and Nobel Prize winners with the topics tailored to your interests
- Covering the latest climate science and adaptation options
- Learn about the implications for Australian agriculture and rural communities
- Direct focus on the industries represented by our scholars
- Media and advocacy training, which will equip you with the skills you need to tell your story and have a wider impact.
- Regular virtual catch-ups with fellow scholars to talk about farming and leadership challenges
The scholarship will run over 5 months from 28 November 2022 to 31 March 2023.
Applications close Midnight 24 October 2022
For more information or to apply Click Here.