Round 1 of the Australian Government’s new Growing Regions Program, which replaces the Building Better Regions Fund, has been released for expressions of interest.
The Growing Regions Program will support capital works projects for community and economic infrastructure across regional and rural areas.
$300 million will be available in Round 1 for grants of $500,000-$15M (50% co-contribution required*) Co-contribution amount may be reduced for some eligible applicants. See guidelines for full details
Projects should aim to deliver community and economic benefits by investing in community-focused infrastructure to revitalise regions while enhancing amenity and liveability throughout regional Australia.
These might include constructing new community infrastructure, or expanding or upgrading existing infrastructure for wider community benefit, such as:
- community hubs and centres (youth centres, men’s sheds)
- art galleries/libraries/museums/cultural facilities
- aquatic/sports centres
- social and community infrastructure which encourages economic and social liveability
Eligible applicants include:
- not-for-profit organisations with a current:
- Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission’s (ACNC) registration, or;
- Office of the Registrar of Indigenous Organisations (ORIC) registration
- local government agencies or bodies